Wakeskate=Awesome

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer
My 2nd weekend on the wakeskate and I am liking it more and more. The slower speed makes it alot easier to fall which makes me more brave to try new things. I have never surfed before so I can only assume that this is really close to the feeling surfers get. I plan on landing a jump soon.

Now I want to see what all the fuss is about the wakesurfing, I bet that is even better!

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wakeskate=Awesome

I have never tried it but would like to. I have used "boggie boards" in the ocean but never a surf board. Keep us posted how it goes and gets some pics up too.

Lake Lizzard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My 2nd weekend on the wakeskate and I am liking it more and more. The slower speed makes it alot easier to fall which makes me more brave to try new things. I have never surfed before so I can only assume that this is really close to the feeling surfers get. I plan on landing a jump soon.

Now I want to see what all the fuss is about the wakesurfing, I bet that is even better!

The surfing will be easier that the wakeskate as the board is much bigger. I see you're running a boat with an IO. Be careful with this. Surfing is generally done behind tournament ski/wakeboard boats where the prop is underneath the boat. It is therefore safe if you were to "ride" the wake into the back of the boat. Worst case scenario - you run into the swim step. Worst case scenario with an IO is that you surf/fall right into the prop - catastrophic.

If you have a boat with an IO just have a long enough rope that there is no chance that you will surf into your prop. There probably wont be as much wake back there, and you will have to be pulled with the rope, but you will be safe.

Lot's of good times to be had with both wakeskates and surf boards. The surfing is really easy on your body as well. The bigger the wake the better with the surfboards. Have fun.

mpod

Seaman Apprentice

Wakeskating is a blast. Great way to try new surface tricks without the risk of nasty body slams.

I've surfed behind a friends V drive Malibu and loved it. I would never try it behind my I/O though. Like my arms too much.