no fire to plugs.

ReidRouse

Cadet
well, overheating issue solved, when i put in in the water, it was blowing water out of all the right places. we drove it for 4 hours straight with little hickup but i have another problem....always another problem ugh, lol... when we took it to the dock for the last time, i shut the engine off as there was a boat that wouldn't crank at the dock. when i tried to crank mine back up..nothing. i tried and tried and it would turn over fine but no attempt to crank. i got it on the trailer, got back home, tried to crank it,still nothing. i took the plugs off to find no fire to any of the plugs. i have checked the voltage from the solenoid when it was trying to crank and it was ok. the only thing i did notice that i never noticed before was there was smoke coming off of the solenoid when i tried to crank it today. any suggestions?

Reid

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: no fire to plugs.

Disconnect the black/yellow wire from the pack and see what happens. If spark, boat prob. No spark, mtr prob. Your solenoid was probably smoking from to much cranking or bad connections.

ReidRouse

Cadet

i disconnected the wire as suggested....no spark. what might it be?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Could be a bad power pack. Go to CDI Electronics.com and look for the test procedure.