5 guys burgers goodn huge!

ezbtr

Commander
but dang $7.00 for one regular w/all, course 2 patties, meat quality great. and that was to go - a single small is $5 , I think in n out better deal???
well hey it was yummy :)

Silly Seville

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 5 guys burgers goodn huge!

Buddy, you wanna talk expensive burgers...ha! The wife and I stopped at a place we've been eyeballing for several years that is on our route to the lake. Never visited before because we always had the boat in tow and parking would have been a huge hassle. This time we didn't, so into this "Scenic Overlook" style not-quite-on-the-water establishment we went. Opened the menu...cheapest food item was an $11 hamburger! Sure, it came "loaded" with everything and chips on the side...but seriously folks, I damn near choked!

Needless to say, we left that place; and it wasn't completely because of their outrageous prices. The service was non-existent up to the point we had to ask a bartender to ask a cook to ask a manager to ask a waitress to seat us. Then we were told that outside patio seating takes precedence over inside dining, and we would have a 20 minute wait to have our order taken! But we were to feel free to sit at the bar and drink until a waitress was freed up! Horrible! And this place supposedly caters to boaters. :facepalm:

TilliamWe

Banned

we have a 5 guys in Peoria and the prices are steep, for sure. There's a local on-the-water (it even has a dock) burger place called The Burger Barge, that has burgers even better for less money. I always take out-of-towners there.

I went to LA once in 2000, but didn't make it to an In and Out. Is that a shame or what?

bassman284

Commander

Is a Big Kahuna burger worth a trip to LA? Always sounded pretty good to me.

ezbtr

Commander

I think a regular single patty cheeseburger from In n Out $approx $3 I think, and quality always good

ezbtr

Commander

Sounds like a very expensive way to clog a man's arteries to me.
Yeah I dont o it often, just wanted a good burger last night :) Finished maybe 3/4 of it, leftover will be lunch , LOL :)

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

They're pretty costly, but one order of small fries will feed 4 people! It's like they put the container in the bag then start dumping in the fries. Not that I'm complaining. They're kosher hot dogs are great, too!

ezbtr

Commander

They're pretty costly, but one order of small fries will feed 4 people! It's like they put the container in the bag then start dumping in the fries. Not that I'm complaining. They're kosher hot dogs are great, too!

yeah when my son and I went there last time, we had too many fries, LOL! :) The chili cheese dog looks good though!

mscher

Lieutenant

Tried it once.

Very good, but very costly. The fries cost very little to make, to justify nearly $20, for two meals.

The (delicious) huge bag of fries, is a reason, we are getting obese.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I can remember working at the golden arches when the All American(burger, fries, and milkshake)
was only $0.49! What a deal, and that certainly got things going!

I like the Five G meal maybe every 3 or 4 months, and make sure I am doing something to work it off.
With some fixins, it is really good, and looking around, they are in the ballpark for prices.

Time for a Five G meal now, in fact...

:D

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, I can remember working at the golden arches when the All American(burger, fries, and milkshake)
was only $0.49! What a deal, and that certainly got things going!

I like the Five G meal maybe every 3 or 4 months, and make sure I am doing something to work it off.
With some fixins, it is really good, and looking around, they are in the ballpark for prices.

Time for a Five G meal now, in fact...

:D

Speaking of "ballpark", try a hamburger at a MLB park some time...! The "fixins" are mustard, ketchup, and in some cases, BBQ sauce, all of which you add yourself. All they hand you is a piece of paper containing a bun with a piece of meat in it. And you'll hand them seven or eight bucks...!

Fly Rod

Commander

After ordering a cheese burger and fries at Five Guys I had to go to the loan officer at the bank....LOL

Way to expensive 12 bucks and the burger was not that big....good thing was the free peanuts while U waited for your order....wait a 2nd....were they really free.....:) :)

Never to see me again