Help with 1990 Force 120 L-Drive timing

baylner_boy

Recruit
Hey guys, hoping someone out there might be able to assist me with a timing issue on my force 120 l-drive. I have the service manual for this engine, and I can see plain as day in "their" photo, the mark I should be aligning my fly wheel TDC mark with. But, I don't seem to have a mark on the block in my boat.

Can someone let me know if that mark is part of a plate that is bolted in some form to the head, or maybe where I can locate the mark. I have manually found where TDC is, so can I just mark that on the engine and go from there?

Also, just curious about the physical operation of some of the timing components - hoping someone here still has a fairly good working unit for me to bounce some questions off of.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help with 1990 Force 120 L-Drive timing

Go to, boats ,net 1990 Force Outboard H120LD90A CARBURETOR ADAPTERS AND FUEL LINES Diagram and Parts
Find the aproximate model# any one will work.
Look for carb adapters and fuel lines. It will have a pic of the timing point.#37 top of the parts pic.
First post in the Force Forum has a post about Timing.

baylner_boy

Recruit
Re: Help with 1990 Force 120 L-Drive timing

Thanks very much Jerry. That helped out a bunch. From the looks of it, that mark seems to be in line (or close to it) with the screw that holds it to the block. For now I'll use that as my guide until I can mange to find a place to buy that plate.