Mercruiser 350 Horizon Ser. # 0L390427 Fuel System or Fuel Pump

BDBZ

Recruit
I recently recovered a 2000 Shamrock 25' with an inboard Mercruiser 350 Horizon. The gauges show only 150 hours but it's apparent that the boat sat on the trailer in sun for at least the last two years.

After changing batteries, nearly everything works, the motor turns and will crank on ether.

I expected i could disconnect the fuel line before the filter and pump off the old fuel, but i found diagrams on the cool fuel system and located the fuel pump, which is after the fuel filter.

There is power coming to the relay, and i replaced the relay, but there is still no power in the wire going to the pump. When i bypass the relay, i can hear the fuel pump click, but no fuel flows.

I can buy the fuel pump for about $200, but it's location looks like it will be a pain to change.

Can anyone recommend further troubleshooting to determine whether the fuel pump is in fact the problem or suggest other things that may be creating my issues?

Also, can anyone recommend another way to drain the fuel tanks, other than siphoning?