60hp murcury mairiner not getting fuel to #1 piston

FORD150

Cadet
i have a 89 mairiner 60hp 3 cylinder motor i am not a machanic by trade but have dabled with them all my life so i am just trying to help a budy out here with free labor and hope to get him running again. the motor has been completely rebuilt from top to bottom carbs,fuel pump, all new pistons rings everything. 2 years ago all the stator was replaces and there has been new coils put on it as well. i have narowed it down to not getting fuel to the #1 cylinder, with the carbs on the boat it will start but back fires and runs awfull. when you push the throttle up the RPM just barly goes up even at wide open all the time it is back fireing. i have removed the carbs and with a spray bottle of gas i can spray in the bottom intake hole and get the boat to run just like it dose with the carbs on it and when i try to spray gas in the top hole it dies instantly. my uneducated guess is there is bad reds in the top block or there is blockage in the ports that let the gas go to the top of the cylinders?...... any one have any suggestions on this problem
thanks in advance for everyones help ....:)

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 60hp murcury mairiner not getting fuel to #1 piston

Bad reed or switchbox and coils wired wrong...