1953 25 hp Johnson Shift Fork Issue

njsavelli

Cadet
hi, i got a '53 johnson for free and wasnt running at the but with a little carburetor work it started kicking again. Now I am not the one working on it right now, a friend of mine is, mainly because i dont have that much knowledge on outboard motors, but anyways there is something wrong with the shifting fork i believe that it was worn down. so what we decided to do is flip it but now i will only have neutral and forward and no reverse. This will work temporarily but im not fond of knowing i have no reverse, so does anybody know of any websites that might have what im looking for? I checked ebay and didnt seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: 1953 25 hp Johnson Shift Fork Issue

That shift fork should be available at any OMC dealer. I believe what you are looking for is the "cradle" and part number is 302650. You will likely need to adjust your shift linkage too.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

$16 for the pair? I would jump on that.

njsavelli

Cadet

thats what i thought, but after reading it says its shift fork sliders?? and almost looks like its a rubber material, i have no experience on this stuff so i wouldnt know.