Painting 18' Aluminum Lund Help

Bigbud19

Recruit
Hi all i am new to the forms and i figured this would be the best place to ask some questions about my boat restoration. Well i am on the painting stage of my boat and have it all sanded down with 150grit and have purchased some wax and grease remover along with some 1:1 Self etching primer.
I will be putting on the paint with a hvlp spray gun and i was wondering what is a good quality top cote paint that works well with a hvlp? I recently went to my local auto body shop and they recommended this paint called concept by ppi "i think" however he quoted me at $155 for a quart of paint not including the hardener or thinner which game out to another $60 bucks.
I thought that was a bit pricey especially since i might need two quarts. Im not even sure how much paint and primer i will need, my boat is a 18' deep v and i am only painting about a 2 foot strip all the way around. Here is what i kinda want my boat to look like when im done maybe minus the gloss. http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...dsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:24,s:54,i:323&tx=48&ty=47 Thanks in advance for any good ideas of a top cote.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Painting 18' Aluminum Lund Help

Well a LOT of the guys are using the tips in the link at the bottom of my signature. Since you're only doing an Above the waterline stripe, I'm certain it would work really well for you and be very durable. Check it out.