Steering

Steele329

Seaman Apprentice
Just a simple question. Does anyone know the difference between a teleflex steering cable SS15116 and a SS14116? Just hoping someone can answer this for me thanks!

Last edited:

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Steering

Sometimes the length is part of the part number. Maybe one is 15 foot and the other 14 foot long? What does the Teleflex web site say?

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like the 15 is a NFB (no feeedback) rack system, and he 14 is just a rack kit that is compatible with older systems.

I just googled "teleflex SS14116" and "teleflex SS15116"

Since the links are for another on-line (low cost) boating store I suspect they would be filtered if I posted them, but you should be able to find them.

Oddly, using that part number on the teleflex website (http://www.teleflexmarine.com/) yielded no results.

Steele329

Seaman Apprentice

They are both 16 ft cables but I think EricJRW is onto them with one being no feedback (the ss151.) I called all over and no one could answer that for me except teleflex did say I needed a no feedback and steered me to the 151 as opposed to the 141. But now I have to ask, and I hope this isn't a dumb question... What is the difference of a no feedback and one that I guess has feedback? Convoluted I know!!!???