Is my wiring setup ok?

bluey

Seaman
Hi,

After much reading I have done a diagram of the proposed wiring setup for my boat. Could someone on this forum, more knowleable than I, take a look at it and tell me if there are any issues with it. Have I got everything right or should I be adding more equipment to it? I have not yet worked out the wire sizes and colours as yet. Nor have I worked out what size fuses I will be needing. I'd just like to know if I have the connections of the wires right. The boat engine is a 2qm15 Yanmar diesel. I don't know what amp hours my battery is rated at, but it's a 12 volt Seamaster M70 (CCA 660).

P.S. In my wiring diagram the two words "Com" and "Off" were not meant to be there and should be ignored.

Thanks,
bluey.

Wiringsetup.jpg

BajaCustoms

Cadet
Re: Is my wiring setup ok?

Looks pretty good to me the only thing missing is your accessory switches for example your running lights interior lights etc etc need to all be on marine grade toggles.

bluey

Seaman

Looks pretty good to me the only thing missing is your accessory switches for example your running lights interior lights etc etc need to all be on marine grade toggles.

Thanks for taking a look at my wiring diagram. There is a combined switch/fuse panel included in the diagram and this will contain all my accessory switches and hopefully leave a couple of spare ones for future use.

bluey.

BajaCustoms

Cadet

Then it looks like you have it covered. I have done several complete retires and I found out that it's best if you have at least 3 or 4 extra circuits on your main fuse panel/ground bus just for those future additions, sure takes the headache out of adding some extra goodies!