Tropical Storm Debby Restore questions

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Tropical Storm Debby just dumped record rainfalls on us and created severe flooding. I had my boat on a trailer, tied down to the trailer and hualed it to higher ground. The bilge drain plug was removed, the jack was as high as it would go and the cover was on, the engine cover closed.

I had to evacuate since i am in a flood zone and while i did not get any water in the house, i had about 39" in the back yard. My garage had water in it and we decided to leave instead of taking any chances.

I am heading out to check on it in about 3 hours and would like to know how to inspect the bellows and such to make sure they are not full of water. Is there anything else i need to check and will i need to pull the drive? It is a 94 SeaRay 170 Signature with a 3.0L MercCruiser Alpha 1 Gen II outdrive.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

NHGuy

Captain
Re: Tropical Storm Debby Restore questions

If you see evidence that the boat had water inside it higher than the gimbal bearing that would be the only reason to suspect water in the bellows. This isn't very likely unless your high ground wasn't high enough to keep the boat above the flood level.
I wish you well, and hope this is the least of your worries.