adjusting the linkage

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i recently bought an 89 reinell outboard with a 4,3 cobra engine. the person i got i from had removed the linkages and got them all messed up if you set it like you would an outboard you get either forward or reverse, and if you get both it is very rough and it grinds going in i was wonder if there is a precedure that i can find on how its done besides spending hours of trail an error any help would be greatly app. thanks

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: adjusting the linkage

The adjustment for the lower shift cable is in the real OMC manual. You've got to follow the procedure there to fix your problem. I replaced my last year and couldn't have done it without the manual.

i recently bought an 89 reinell outboard with a 4,3 cobra engine. the person i got i from had removed the linkages and got them all messed up if you set it like you would an outboard you get either forward or reverse, and if you get both it is very rough and it grinds going in i was wonder if there is a precedure that i can find on how its done besides spending hours of trail an error any help would be greatly app. thanks