1974 Ebbtide Trihull Lakemaster

Shawamba

Cadet
Hey Guys! My buddy and I picked up this boat last week for a summer project and something to get us out on the water. It's got a '74 Mercury 50Hp Thunderbolt that runs ok. We took it out last weekend and had some issues so we're troubleshooting now and plan on another wet run this weekend. The Boat is in great shape and needs very little wood work (as far as I can tell). The hull has some gouges that I'd like to fix but that's for later. Anyway, for work on it, we've taken out the seats and are rebuilding/reupholstering them. We've taken the side panels off and are covering them with a marine carpet. We're going to paint the side pockets black today and lay carpet. We're pretty new to this and would love to hear any ideas or input that anyone has. Happy Boating!

Shawamba

Cadet
Re: 1974 Ebbtide Trihull Lakemaster

Here are a few pictures
IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iBoats!

Nice looking Tri-Hull. Have you confirmed the transom is sound? Best way is to core sample from the inside. Drill some holes down low and check the shavings. If light colored and dry you're good to go. Do NOT drill all the way through. Jus about an 1" deep. If dry then fill with 3M 4200 sealant and go have fun. If dark and wet then you will need to consider replacing the transom. Any soft spots in the deck?

Shawamba

Cadet

Transom is good to go. Pulled out the interior and seats.
IMAG0152.jpg

Painted the sides and laid carpet.
IMAG0155.jpg

Reupholstered the sides.
IMAG0157.jpg

Then we found a vinyl paint and painted the seats. They turned out very nice
IMAG0161.jpg

More pictures to come. We also painted the front seats and built new boxes for the seats to sit on.