Need help in connection HDS to Yamaha F40FETL

DOBERMAN_UA

Cadet
Please help me with part number of cord to connect Lowrance HDS to Yamaha F40FETL,
Yamaha dealer can't find which cord do I need to connect outboard to nmea 2000

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help in connection HDS to Yamaha F40FETL

First of all find out if you can connect to Command link guages. If you can, then you need the Command link network installed on the boat. Then you need a "gateway" to connect NMEA devices to the Command link network. You can't simply connect the engine to the NMEA device, what would it do for the engine? You need it to connect to the guages, so you can see what you need to see from the device.

DOBERMAN_UA

Cadet
Re: Need help in connection HDS to Yamaha F40FETL

First of all find out if you can connect to Command link guages. If you can, then you need the Command link network installed on the boat. Then you need a "gateway" to connect NMEA devices to the Command link network. You can't simply connect the engine to the NMEA device, what would it do for the engine? You need it to connect to the guages, so you can see what you need to see from the device.
Thanks for info,
but to install command link network in Ukraine will cost about 600 bucks, I don't think that this is the way. So I'm trying to find out hot to connect outboard to NMEA 2000