Is there a way to stop the pop ups on this site?

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
adds keep popping up on the bottom of the screen. Any way to stop them from popping up?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Is there a way to stop the pop ups on this site?

Ya, Send them a check for a few hundred dollars and convince many of your fellow members to do the same.

Now myself have never seen a pop up ad. or any other type of ad, you need to learn how to set up your browser. But if you want them to go away, anti up to the pot! If you want them to go away quick, send money, if you want to have them go away, forever, start reading and learning.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ya, Send them a check for a few hundred dollars and convince many of your fellow members to do the same.

Now myself have never seen a pop up ad. or any other type of ad, you need to learn how to set up your browser. But if you want them to go away, anti up to the pot! If you want them to go away quick, send money, if you want to have them go away, forever, start reading and learning.

They're not blocked through my browser settings and only come up on this site. If I had $300, I'd be out on my boat, not on my computer trying to see the last post in some thread on iboats.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Interesting enough, when I use IE I only get one popup when I first use the site. After I close it, that's that. Chrome, however, I get popups none stop. I think there is some kind of adblock that can be downloaded to Chrome. You would think they would have a pop blocker built in like IE.

I need to start a "how do I fix it" thread because it's next to impossible for me to post to a thread in Chrome on this site only.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

So I have my IE blocker on high and they keep coming, I read the ? section of IE and it said remove iboats from trusted sites on the puter if they keep coming up.

Now just have to find were that is.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

So I have my IE blocker on high and they keep coming, I read the ? section of IE and it said remove iboats from trusted sites on the puter if they keep coming up.

Now just have to find were that is.

Huh. All I did was turn "on" pop up blocker and all is well. I'm on IE 8..... My setting is on medium....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

For the most part guys all you have to do, is adjust the settings on how flash is run in the browser, if that don't work, then you need to not allow your browser to run scripts, I use ad blocker with a couple of small tweeks and have never seen a pop up, the majority of ads now a days is either flash, or java, adjusting the settings on these two items clear up 99% of things.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

If people would just use the search feature, with the right words, they would find all of the relevant posts on the same subject they are inquiring about. These forums are not cheap to run, there are people that have to be paid to keep it he great quality learning information source it is, I would hate to see it go subscription, but I would not blame them if they did, right now the pop ups pay the bills. In the future it could change.