I've heard the stories but always thought they were fake

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class
So at the lake this weekend coming up the the dock when i see a guy trying to get his boat off the trailer. He is reversing it but the boat was just swaying. By the time I get to the dock he is shut down and is underwater messing with the back of his boat. I am thinking he forgot the plug until I see him trying to undo his transom straps lol. There is his trailer floating underwater. He then decides to to try to pull his boat out except his boat and trailer were drifting off the ramp so I offered my help and had to help pull his boat over the ramp while he pulled out.

I always heard the stories but I never thought I would actually see it. I wanted to take pics but the guy was already flustered and didnt want to make it worse lol

foodfisher

Captain
Re: I've heard the stories but always thought they were fake

Yep, ramp rage. You shoot picture, he shoots you.:)

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

At least the boat floated the trailer instead of the other way around. lol

Sea ya...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

All the ramp stories are true!

You just have to be there at the right time to see them in real life.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

was he trying to drive the boat with the trailer still attached, or was he trying to launch and forgot to unhook? IOW was his trailer still hitched to the car?

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Transom straps still attached, trailer still hitched to truck, trailer floating and tires off of ground. Was trying to back boat of trailer...I laughed

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A couple of years ago, we took the boat to the campground with us. I was trying to get my boat off the trailer with help from friends and it was rather sluggish. Tie downs were off, but the transom saver was not. <duh>. That happens when you let someone interupt your routine.

TerryMSU

catfish58

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Transom straps still attached, trailer still hitched to truck, trailer floating and tires off of ground. Was trying to back boat of trailer...I laughed

I almost did that once. I too was interupted from my routine.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

The admiral and I took a friend out a week or so ago and he wanted to help out. I finally told him hey I know you want to help but we have a routine down and its easier if we just do it, just sit back and relax we will take care of it all..

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

growing up, we'd take our 16' starcraft off the trailer in the yard to paint the bottom. I was bout 14 and dad headed off to work, told me to take care of it. It takes 3-4 people to roll it off the trailer (all by hand) so I enlisted an older cousin next door and some of his beefy friends. I pulled and lifted the trailer tongue while they pushed it off the trailer. Wouldn't budge until POP the line we used to tie the transom down snapped from the force. They weren't happy with me for forgetting! Wouldn't help me get it back on the trailer either.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I wanted to take pics but the guy was already flustered and I didnt want to make it worse lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• ramprage.jpg
    ramprage.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats funny! Lol I've seen some funny stuff at our local ramp... Last year, watched a guy trying to pull about a 26' cruiser out with a 2x4 4cyl. S-10... Mind you our ramp is pretty steep... After almost blowing his truck up while the boat pulled it backwards, he unhooks, and pulls the truck out.. few minutes later he comes back down in a 2x4 ford escape... After another 15min of amusement, i finally talk the guy into letting me hook my truck up and pull the boat out and up to the flat part of the lot.. Still to this day can't figure out what he was thinking, and couldnt believe neither of his trucks ended up in the drink!

cj7ole

Seaman

Come on, you know the rules, no pictures, never happened. :)

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Come on, you know the rules, no pictures, never happened. :)

lol ok well i'll take an oar across the head next time because i am still regretting not taking the pic lol

catfishcarl99

if you have a cam phone you can act like your dialing. thats what i do.;)

woody66912

Watched a guy try to back his brand new champion bass of the trailer once. after I convinced him to pull it out and have a look see everything look fine. After asking some ?'s what he had done, found out that he had installed his own bow-mount and when he installed the battery tray's he screwed the boat to the trailer.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Watched a guy try to back his brand new champion bass of the trailer once. after I convinced him to pull it out and have a look see everything look fine. After asking some ?'s what he had done, found out that he had installed his own bow-mount and when he installed the battery tray's he screwed the boat to the trailer.

Oh man, Gotta be embarrassing.

Sea ya...