Help ID this Starcraft

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys! I believe I have found an 18' SS, but the owners aren't sure what they have. I've got it all set up to purchase this boat on Saturday for $800. Here's the specs: 1978 Starcraft, 4 cylinder, Chevy engine, 120 hp i/o, 18.5 feet, Open Bow. Comes with trailer and 2 extra batteries. I know the floor and transom are shot.

Seems like a fair price if the motor and drive are in decent shape. My big question is.... have I finally found the 18' SS I've been looking for....

Here's some pics the owner sent me:

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Help ID this Starcraft

Hey Cj, that right there is an SS 18 by the looks of it, The hull color scheme is late 70's, looks like it needs a complete redo? Good find if the price is right? Here are a couple photos of 18 SS I have had first one is a 79 18 SS o/b model
79SS.jpg

Second is a 72 120 i/o

ResizeofIMGP2173.jpg

Glen

barato2

Commander

boat looks decent for the price if drivetrain checks out. boat has obv been sitting for a while when they have started mowing around it!

North Beach

Commander

If the 18' SS is what you want then I'd say go for it. There's nothing there that cant be rebuilt and even if you have to re-power or rebuild the motor they are easy enough to find. There may be better deals in some areas but you should know a comparable boat's worth in your area.