Proper Carb Jet size help

Korbs67

Seaman
Hi,
SN B396723. 1989 60HP. 3 Cyl.

Need Mercury manual jet sizes for this motor and also the 70HP (sn 5579017 THRU 6428680). Lots of conflicing data out there. If anyone coulds look this one up for me it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I'll take any feedback on the below commentary..

I'm lean in cyl #1. It keeps burning out (detonation). I have narrowed my leaness down to a carburation issue. fuel pump new, ignition perfect per DVA and specs, no water creeping into cyl(new block solved this problem I had before when steaming the cyl). Both carbs appear to be blowing fuel like no tomorrow. Motor timed at @21-22BTDC at WOT, idles nicely.

A merc service guys told me to first be sure my jet sizes are correct. I checked parts for my motor on mercury website and it is what I have in my carbs.

.096 Vent and .074(top)/.072(bottom)..this is more of rthe 70hp version. My vents are flip flopped, I didnt do this, they are .072 on the top and .074 on bottom whereas it should be the other way around. Could this actually cause a lean condition?? Plus Clymer calls for a .094 mains but the mercury parts websites out there have it as .096.

Clymer manual calls for .086 main/.066 vents for a 60HP
and .094/.072 for a 70HP.

The entire engine for these 60 and 70hp motor are identical so I would opt for 70HP jetting which is what this motor is already setup for and ran fine for the 4 seasons I've owned it. I overheated and cracked the block which I identified as the culprit for detonating cyl in the first place. I want to ber very careful with my new block as I've already had a mild lean situation already. I'm not going any further until the carb jetting is right.

Thanks!
Ken