What does this orange wire go to?

acevedor2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys - first boat and first post! Picked her up last Thursday. Boat and engine are extremely clean. Bought it from the original owner. It's a 2008 Bayliner Flight F-18 with 4.3. I didn't notice it upon initial inspection, however, now that I look, I see an orange wire laying on the distributor, not hooked up to anything. I have not started the motor yet, but the gentlemen I purchased it from says he didn't touch any wires and he has had it since new. My question is - what does it go to - or does it even go to anything?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Also - I found these in the bilge - again - owner says he didn't take anything apart... Any idea where they go or where is the best place to look to see if any are missing? Three are the same size and one is slightly smaller. All look new with sharp tips and look as if they have never been installed...

Untitled

acevedor2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What does this orange wire go to?

Thanks! Any idea about the screws? Appreciate the assist!
Cheers.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Those aren't engine screws. Probably just some screws dropped in the bilge from some other project.

bryanwhite

Cadet

The screws look like the ones that hold the bilge pump housing to the deck of the bilge bay.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hey guys - first boat and first post! Picked her up last Thursday. Boat and engine are extremely clean. Bought it from the original owner. It's a 2008 Bayliner Flight F-18 with 4.3. I didn't notice it upon initial inspection, however, now that I look, I see an orange wire laying on the distributor, not hooked up to anything. I have not started the motor yet, but the gentlemen I purchased it from says he didn't touch any wires and he has had it since new. My question is - what does it go to - or does it even go to anything?

Please tell me you at least ran the engine before buying the boat....