Age of Evinrude motor & value

ejrbjr

Recruit
I am looking for information on a Evinrude motor. It is a Aquasonic 7.5 FleetWin S/N 751-25986. I would like to know the age and value.

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Age of Evinrude motor & value

Hello there ejrbjr! And Welcome to iboats.

The age is easy. Aquasonic was 1955; although the model numbers for the 7.5 should be 7518 or 7519. Yours says 751?

Value is another story. It all depends on condition and the area in which you are making the sale. If you post some pictures that would help; but even pristine looking motors can hide some ugly issues.

Does it run? Does it run well? Does it include the original pressure fuel tank and related connectors? Have the necessary service items been replaced? (Impeller, coils etc...)

Chuck

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Age of Evinrude motor & value

It's all going to depend the area and what the market will bare. In my area, motors like that are a dime a dozen and can buy them all week long for $100 or less. It doesn't seem to matter if they've been serviced or not, because most buyers are just looking at the price and the phone number. They often times fail to read the word in between the two. LOL Most who call me about motors I've advertised, will ask me questions that are clearly described in the ads. The outboard market is pretty depressed and the ads are flooded with motors that are dirt cheap. People these days are digging motors and boats out the darkest corners of their barns and selling them dirt cheap, just to make a buck. If you can use it, I would suggest doing so. Other wise, don't look to make anything on it.