ever hear of a tricayne? not sure if it really is?

moekelly

Cadet
I have had this boat and havent used for a while, wanting to restore it but would like to know what it is. I was told 1972 tricayne but cant find anything on it when I google.. I am not sure it is supposed to be tricayne? any help would be wonderful.. 0625121218a.jpg0625121219 (1).jpg

moekelly

Cadet
Re: ever hear of a tricayne? not sure if it really is?

hoping for some help.. I was told tricayne but could be anything that ends in ricayne.. not sure if hurricayne made a boat like this but really stumped for what kind it could be..

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Any particular reason you want to fix this one up? Unless this one has managed to escape the rotted transom/deck/stringers boats of this vintage typically suffer, it's probably not a real worthwhile project. There were hundreds of boat manufacturers in the 50s-70s until the herd started thinning and some only made a handful of boat and the molds got passed around a bit so it's often real tough to make a positive ID. www.fiberglassics.com may be a resource for you.

moekelly

Cadet

this one because it is one we already have, was selling as a project boat but no buyers so figured why not? Was worked on when first got it by hubby and some stuff fixed on it, enjoyed for a while and then set in the backyard after life got busier for a while.. going to repaint ourselves and put new carpet, seats and a few other low cost fix up things and enjoy again - just curious as to what type it could actually be, could never find out.. thanks for the information!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well......you have been hunting for years about that boat.

Let me give you a few facts..........

That name on the dash could be the dealer name that first sold the boat. It was not that rare to see that and I have seen dealer names riveted on many boats. The dealers did it the same way car dealers did.

Restoring that 1972 boat will accomplish nothing more then having a safe running boat. There will be NO Collector value in that boat so regardless of it's condition I would nor loose sleep over it.

There are no rules on restoring older tri-hull boats. Just do it safe.

moekelly

Cadet

Hmmm persistent or rejuvinated interest? It has been sitting in the yard and havent been able to sell so wanted to find out if someone may have some new information. Thank you for the information. I guess I was hoping for it to be a one of a kind worth millions? LOL I am suprised you remembered, or did you try to research and find my OP?