Reward after some hard work and patience was worth the effort

Maclin

Admiral
The theme this week around here was "Remember, it's for the children..."

Kind of an inside joke, but we have one of the granddaughters in town. She is 9 years old and quite a pistol, but we are enjoying her. Trecking to the community pool and back ,things like that have kept us hopping in this hot weather. We have two children still at home, and they help, but she really loves Grandma, and likes to bug me a lot too!

I have not had the boat out in over 3 years, the last time out I wrecked the props trying to get to a sinking jetski, crossed over a shallow rocky area. Was able to get to the jetski but could only go at a very shaky idle speed, the props were completely folded over, amazing we even got him towed back in.

Anyway, budget is always slim so it took me a while looking on eBay to get some props in my budget. We moved to a different state 3 years ago during this time, and just got the boat here a year ago and stored it. The boat was also starting to need some fixes and improvements, plus the regular maintenance for an I/O on top of all that. I have been working pretty hard on it in the heat lately, and finally got it all tested and buttoned up late yesterday afternoon.

We took it out early evening for a shakedown cruise for an hour or so, it ran and performed perfectly, all went great, and here is my paycheck...:

Attachments

• WP_000168.jpg
    WP_000168.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 0

nlain

Commander
Re: Reward after some hard work and patience was worth the effort

Kinda makes it all worth while. Great to see the kids happy.

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, no greater reward than a kid with an ear-to-ear smile! Good one, Maclin!

CoffeeHound

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations Sir
Your granddaughter will remember the time her grandpapa took her out on his Big boat,, from here to eternnity.

Word of advice : This will not be the last time, and you can look forward to enjoying the Great Grand Kids the same way also !!

Maclin

Admiral

Thanks everybody, I am glad I got it ready before she leaves tomorrow.

She and her other 2 siblings will be back here in 2 or 3 weeks and we will get the tube out then since the shakedown cruise went as planned :cool:

can't wait!