66-67 Starcraft with 66-67 Johnson 40HP Electric Sea Horse

mavrk25

Recruit
Hello:

I've had this boat in my family for years, it was my Father's, unfortunately he passed away back in 2007. I've been tinkering with it and it's been sitting out in the yard. The integrity of the structure looks good but I am a novice when it comes to any of this and would like any advice and/or guidance you can offer. It's a starcraft 16', it's missing many of the accessories, like windshield, lighting, horns, the seats and the motor is an old 40HP johnson electric, we took the transom out today and it was in bad shape, ant infestation. I'd like to clean it up, any recommendations for sanding the aluminum hull? Once I get it down, any recommendations on priming and paiting the hull inside and out and the top of the boat? Also, I've been stuck in a rutt here about this one, I'm not sure if I should even attempt a restoration of the motor or just buy a new one. My heart tells me I'd like to restore it but maybe it's not possible? Thanks for any info I apprecaite it.

100_1221.jpg100_1220.jpg100_1219.jpg100_1213.jpg

I can be reached via email or via this forum at mavrk25@hotmail.com

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: 66-67 Starcraft with 66-67 Johnson 40HP Electric Sea Horse

Cruise on over to the Boat Restoration forum and look at some of the projects there. Many are Starcraft restorations. There is more info there than you can digest in a month.
http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
The motor is normally not a problem, but first see if its frozen up or not and go from there.