SEI replacement outdrives and parts?

jiggler73

Cadet
just wanted to know if anyone has used the se106 or any of theyre products? I am probably going to try and order the transom seal kit if the carry it for my mercruiser mc-1 drive ,i will updated in a few weeks with a brief review of what (In MY OPINION) think of it . anyway thanks and please add to this or let me know if i should steer clear to save a few bucks

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: SEI replacement outdrives and parts?

Don't know about the transom seal kit, but I have used a couple of their outdrives. Excellent product with even better warranty and customer service. Top notch.

jiggler73

Cadet

Don't know about the transom seal kit, but I have used a couple of their outdrives. Excellent product with even better warranty and customer service. Top notch.

thanks! and thanks to whoever moved this thread , i am sorry i was unsure where to post. but @fishermark thanks for the comment i have been thinking of using their replacement to my drive just not until next season when money wont be as much of an issue , they have it for like 1295.00 which is a great deal in my eyes especially since all i have to buy along with it is the seal kit and hardware which is still a fraction of oem mercruiser.

i know this is kind of another thread topic but does anyone have input on if i can tak out my drive and put in an alpha one drive without replacing the gimbal and transom plates? thoughts and comments are always appreciated :) im interested to see what bond-o and don and those guys have to say (hail boating gods!) they have helped me exponentially thus far (and so has every one else whos threads ive read and whove posted on my few threads) thanks all enjoy this nice weather hope youre all out enjoying your boats today!!

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

An alpha will bolt up with no problems.

jiggler73

Cadet

An alpha will bolt up with no problems.

i assume you mean an alpha one will work in place of my mc-1 drive? the big question is can i simply remove the leg and install and alpha one gen 1 with no problems?

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

That is correct - either an Alpha or the SE106 will work and will bolt right up with no problems. You need to make sure you have the right length driveshaft - but other than that, no issues. If you order one from Sterndrive Engineering, talk to them about what you have and they will make sure you have the right one.