Well now, ain't this just a bucket of b.s.!!

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I'm halfway through my last workday of the week, got 3 days off... 3 days which I am planning on working on my boat and enjoying a few cold ones...

Wait, jump back to last night.. go to bed around 1am, wake up at 2:15 with excruciating pain in my left abdomen.. struggled through it until pain was bearable around 5am...Phew, what was THAT? oh well, feel better, get 2hrs sleep.. Up at 7, no pain..awesome.. 10:30am, hanging 25' in the air from a telephone pole, in an instant, crippling pain again, 15min later I can move again, still now at 2pm, still in heavy pain and occassional nausia... All I know is this crap better go away by 7pm so I can have the weekend I planned!!!

Wow...sorry for the long drawn out venting but I'm tired of this black cloud that has befriended me..

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Well now, ain't this just a bucket of b.s.!!

Had a cow once that had the same problem, turned out to be a twisted bowel. You don't want to know what the treatment is. (It involves rubber gloves.) :D
LOL!! Believe me when i say, I know that treatment! Lol Growing up i helped a lot on a family friends farm, and now my neighbor raises Angus that i help out with.... If that is my problem though, just ship me off to the slaughterhouse. Haha
In fact, i may request that anyway if the wife doesnt stop nagging me to leave work and go to the E.R. lol told her I've worked through much worse than this!

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

In fact, i may request that anyway if the wife doesnt stop nagging me to leave work and go to the E.R. lol told her I've worked through much worse than this!

Gotta pain in the side, and now a pain in the neck...What's next...:eek:

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotta pain in the side, and now a pain in the neck...What's next...:eek:
Now that's funny right there!! Although the uhh... Neck pain preceded the side pain by almost 13yrs lmao

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

So whatchagonnado? Wait 'til you die to seek medical attention? I have seen too many too brave men die from what could have been fixed if attended to in time.

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

So whatchagonnado? Wait 'til you die to seek medical attention? I have seen too many too brave men die from what could have been fixed if attended to in time.
Nah, if its still bothering me as much after work i'll go get checked out..or go buy some bean-o lmao

Redneck_Randy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I woke as you did in the middle of the night with real bad left abdomen pain, went to the ER and by 6am I lost/they took out 10 inches of my ascending colon and 2 inches of my rectum.

Go to the ER NOW please

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Nothing like looking for medical help and advice on a boating forum !!!
Get yourself to the doctors as soon as possible. Who knows , the medical staff may give you some good advice for any boating issues you may have.

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

I never asked for medical advice, was simply venting since my plans for the weekend and messing with the boat may be screwed up...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I never asked for medical advice, was simply venting since my plans for the weekend and messing with the boat may be screwed up...

Agree bit you did get some did you not.
Bottom line is that everyone suggested going to get checked out. I am in full agreement with them. The concern is that it could be a lot more than a weekend that get's screwed up if you don't get checked out.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral

And that boat will still be patiently waiting for you to heal!

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, i do appreciate the concern from everyone... Home from work and just a little tender.. gonna actually do an assessment on myself and go from there. (Spent close to 10yrs as a paramedic)... I'll make yall the same promise i made my wife, if something doesnt check out normal, or if the pain comes back im going to the E.R.

southkogs

Staff member

I woke as you did in the middle of the night with real bad left abdomen pain, went to the ER and by 6am I lost/they took out 10 inches of my ascending colon and 2 inches of my rectum.
... I lost about 24". Ain't that a good time? :rolleyes:

More of an issue of people caring, and nearly all of us can empathize with a screwed up boating weekend. The hitch is if you get on it early, you might make it out next weekend. For me ... 3 weeks in the hospital, 2 surgeries, an almost blood infection (don't remember 2 days of my life) and about 6 weeks of functioning like an 90 year old while I recovered. Didn't just screw up one weekend, y'know?

Hope it's nothing serious bro.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

"Go to the doctor"...seriously.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You may have gangrene inside, Wife lost he father to this, and just had a good friend have to have his gull blader but you need to make sure, because by the time you get bad enough to think you need to go to Dr you may be beyond help.

TilliamWe

Banned

Well, as bad as those suck (had one before but didnt feel like this) that would be better than possible spleen or obstructed bowel

Well, that sucks for you then! Get thee to a Doctor, please.

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let me clarify my post about "advice" that statement was not meant to sound like i was being a prick to those that have given advice, just that I didn't post this with the intent of getting advice, but appreciate the advice anyhow.. I'll let you all know what the doc says...yep, u read it right lol

rbh

Fleet Admiral

So your up the pole, were you transfering the lasher when you got the second pain, hanging steel or drops?

Lineman get all sorts of weird and wonderful ailments, just ask me I have been doing it since 1982.

(and this is not a gastric ulcer brought on by to much wiskey is it, don't ask)