1996 Tracker Pro Team 17?

avidbasser

Recruit
Hi guys, I may be purchasing a Tracker 1996 Pro Team 17. Its in good condition, comes with
-40 HP Mercury Motor
-46# Thrust Motorguide with foot control
-2 Brand New Fish finders
-3 Life Preservers, and a fire extinguisher lol, all the storage that is also built into the boat
-Trailer
He is asking 4900$. My two questions are, is the boat (which is in I would say 8/10 condition) worth that? If not what is a legitimate price I should ask for?
And have you owned/used/heard about this boat, and its stability and all? Is it tippy? I'm not tournament fishing, so I don't care how fast it goes. I will be fishing on a 2000 Acre Lake In Michigan with it.

Fish Lip Ripper

Recruit
Re: 1996 Tracker Pro Team 17?

I just bought the same boat (8-9/10), differences being a 37 ft-lb trolling motor and no safety gear for $3600.
The safety gear ran me about $80 (4 life vests and a throwable). It did require a couple of hours of cleaning when I brought it home...vacuum and seat cleaning.
I would suggest you compare with other boats in your area, if that boat was here it would be priced high I think.
Also, the stability is fine in my opinion, but then again I am used to small boats like canoes and jon boats so maybe my perception is skewed.