Wiring help for '97 Bayliner Maxum depth sounder.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I put a new stereo in my '97 Maxum 1900 SE. I had to learn how to bend my forearms into a "Z" shape to get at the screws that hold in the stereo surround. Not fun.

Somehow in the process, I must have dislodged a wire. If I hit the depth sounder button, the display on the dash lights up red, shows a number (something like 188.8) and then says "ft" with no number next to it.

There were two wires that weren't connected to anything in the dash (and I KNOW I should have marked them, but I was completely wiped out after three hours of trying to get that last screw out). The previous owner had changed the wiring on the accessory switches to put a toggle on his Hummingbird, so I figured they were left over from that swap. Apparently not. One is dark blue, the other is green with a yellow or white stripe. I checked a '97 Bayliner wiring diagram for a 195 and they show dark blue as the feed to the nav light switch, but my nav lights are in a different switch bank and they work fine.

Can anyone help me figure out what I knocked loose or possibly burned out? The manual doesn't have a wiring diagram and I've looked for hours online to try to find one with no luck. Is there a power feed to the transducer, or a separate spade connection from the transducer to the display? If so, what's a probable color for it?

Thanks