Fuel issue

Jeremy 772

Cadet
I have a 1995 Johnson 150. It will not plain out even at full throttle. I have checked all fuel lines, and they are good. If I have someone sit back and pump the bulb it will plain out and run. After a couple hundred yards it begins to surge.

Re: Fuel issue

If I have someone sit back and pump the bulb it will plain out and run.

You've identified a fuel delivery problem. Your next task is to determine which part of the fuel system is at fault. Some possible candidates are a plugged fuel filter, plugged fuel pickup, bad primer bulb/check valve, bad fuel pump, or even possibly a leak somewhere between the primer bulb and fuel pump. You have to play detective and figure out which it is without blindly throwing parts at it.

A logical next step would be to hook up a portable fuel tank and see if the problem is still there.

Jeremy 772

Cadet

I have checked the filter and replaced the entire line to include the bulb from the water separator too the motor.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Jeremy, That motor may have a fuel strainer under the airbox. The vapor seperator cover gasket may be leaking. Other airleaks may be in fuel lines and fittings.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Get a portable fuel tank and hook it directly to the fuel intake on the vro. Run the mtr and if it still acts up, you got a vro prob. If not , work your way back through the fuel system to find the prob.