Help With Trailer Coupler...

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys... I got a 2006 Wave Runner and I got a problem with the trailer. The little lock that locks the winch when your winch the ski onto the trailer is broke. Its like the spring broke and I have to hammer the lock down for it to lock into place. The trailer coupler is not bolted on its welded on. So how do I go about replacing the coupler or the lock?

Sorry if this don't make sense....

David

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Help With Trailer Coupler...

If you look under it from the bottom some have a adjustment nut to change how tight it fits on the ball and if it dose you can rebuild the latching mechanism and it may just need a good lubing up. I have had it happen over a winter my self.

oregoncruiser

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you look under it from the bottom some have a adjustment nut to change how tight it fits on the ball and if it dose you can rebuild the latching mechanism and it may just need a good lubing up. I have had it happen over a winter my self.

He referring to the winch, not the coupler.;)

I think you'll have to cut it off and rep[lace it. If you don't have the know how, or equipment, take it in and have it done. That's an expensive toy to lose over $100 winch replacement bill.

When you look real close at those winches, it'll scare you just how poorly they are made. They work, but when they go bad it's well worth a complete replacement. In my OPINION!!!

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like oregoncruiser said. Take it too a shop and have the old winch cut off and fix it so you can bolt a new one on. Then if that one breaks you can replace it.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys.. my cousin is real good with this kind of stuff I will get him to help me with it...