Post Retirement Trip on hold.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Saturday afternoon Wife was jumping off boat and landed wrong on left leg. Blew out ligament on left knee. Sunday morning at ER Doc said ,"You need Orthapedic Doc to repair damage". OK, we will refer you to Doc in Cleveland and call you with appointment time. Monday, nobody calls. Tuesday: we call hospital scheduler and of course she says I'll call you right back. Said we sent 3 referrals an not gotten any back. Later that afternoon she says lady that makes appointment is not avalible. We call, Cant get anybody to answer. Call later and lady says they are still at lunch 2:30. Hummm this is not looking good. So I load her up and take her to our Family Dr. Get in to see him about 5:30. He says I'll get you a appointment in Greenwood with another Orthapedic Dr. We say ok let us know. Wednesday afternoon they call back and say He can't see you untill July 15 but we will try to see if another one can see you sooner. Now, this is REALLY not looking good. Wednesday afternoon around here is a bust because all Doc's are on the golf course...I know this because I've played behind them before. Now I'm getting a little ticked off. If nobody calls today guess I'll load her up and take her to Memphis or Jackson. Guess this is one of the shortfalls of living in Ms. Delta. Or is there a shortage of Orthapedic Doctors?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Post Retirement Trip on hold.

There is a sliver lining in that black cloud............... you are retired and have the time to deal with things.

I feel for your wife. I am recovering from a total L knee replacement and I am scheduled to have the R knee replaced next month. Knee problems suck.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope the admiral isn't in too much pain. Years ago I was on a group outing and one of the gals jumped off the deck of a ski boat onto a flat rock. Suddenly we heard a snapping noise and then a scream. If I remember correctly the snap was her ankle.:eek:

robert graham

Admiral

Wife and I refer to it as our,"over-priced, stressed-out, maxed-out, medical meat-grinder" that is our medical/hospital/insurance system....It's what we've got to work with, but it ain't fun!...Good luck with your wife's knee!

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

You won't believe this. My daughter that is in Houston Tx. at M.D. Anderson with my son-in-law,called a friend that called a friend that knows the Dr. We have an appointment in the morning. Things are looking better. I guess its all in who you know. Not how bad your hurting.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Bobby-
Sorry to hear about the wifes accident, were you able to get her a full knee brace and crutches so at least she can hobble around?

I guess you could park her on the 9th green so the docs would have to eventually see her!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

YUP, sometimes it not what you know but who you know.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Guys. Rob we had crutches left over from the kids days. They gave her a brace at the ER. Just never expected my retirement job to be nurse assistant. We will be OK. Thanks