Need to find a good used 18 foot or more pontoon boat without motor at a cheap price

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone,
We'll yesterday I found my dad a Great!!!! deal on 1997 90 Horse Outboard Evinrude and now my dad says we need to find a really cheap priced pontoon boat at least 18 foot or bigger with trailer and no motor that will support a 90 horse Evinrude V-4. My question is do you know where I can find a really cheap project pontoon boat with trailer without motor in the South Carolina vicinity or maybe in North Carolina, tennessee, Georgia? We live in upstate South Carolina and have been looking on Craigslist.

Big Bubba

Re: Need to find a good used 18 foot or more pontoon boat without motor at a cheap pr

My dad wants to start a fixer up project on a pontoon boat with trailer without motor so where looking form one now that will support that 90 horse evinrude, V-4 we found yesterday. The quest for a pontoon boat begins.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Need to find a good used 18 foot or more pontoon boat without motor at a cheap pr

You sort of have double whammy here, toons without motors are rare and 18' toons that are rated for a 90 are really rare.

Get on Craigs list and start looking and let everyone you know know you are what you are looking for, the more eyes you get in the search the sooner you will find one.

I would think most 20s are rated for that engine.

Danielr7515

Recruit

My dad wants to start a fixer up project on a pontoon boat with trailer without motor so where looking form one now that will support that 90 horse evinrude, V-4 we found yesterday. The quest for a pontoon boat begins.

I have a 20 ft with a 35 on it I would let go for 2100 where you located?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I have a 20 ft with a 35 on it I would let go for 2100 where you located?

Daniel, this is prohibited. If you want to work something out with Bubba you'll have to do it via PM.

Big Bubba

//////UPDATE//////
My dad that went to Fayetteville NC yesterday called me before work and found a 1987, 21 foot, deck boat that has the three fiberglass toons under it for $500.00. So him and my brother are going tommorrow, Friday afternoon back to Fayetteville NC to pick it up. This boat comes with a dual axle galvanized trailer, the Johnson/Evinrude controls, hopefully the 1987 Controls work with the new motor Evinrude model# E90TSLECM motor that he got the other day. The only thing my dad said it needed was a new plywood floor and the marine grade carpet that he will get both from Lowes. He said Lowes sales the tongue and groove plywood that is treated, suposely the same as marine grade plywood. He said he wants me to help him so I will become a busy man when he gets back and he is a work aholic kind of individual, LOL. Not picking on my dad but he is very particular about stuff and will make sure it is right before he floats that boat in any body of water.

Big Bubba

He also said the boat railing is in immaculate condition and the seats are in pretty good shape need nothing just the plywood flooring and carpet and hang the motor and clean her up. I know my dad he will get this boat right. I will post before and after pictures on our progress on the new to us deck/pontoon boat project.

Big Bubba

Saturday I will go over to my dads house to see the new deck/pontoon project and take pictures of her.

Danielr7515

Recruit

Daniel, this is prohibited. If you want to work something out with Bubba you'll have to do it via PM.
Sorry didn't know that was against the rules but after looking it said buy,sell,trade which includes charitable donation also? My bad

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Big Bubba you may want to give him a call and make sure its not a form of pressure treated plywood, when I redid my floor last years Lowes didnt carrie any thing that would work.