Water Leak

88 Doral

Cadet
Hello all,

Purchased an 88 Doral Spriit this spring. Afte changing the starter and the lower shift cable I had it in the water for the first time this weekend, WHAT A BLAST!!

Anyway, once it was back on the trailer we noticed that I had quite a bit of water in the hull.

I hooked up the muffs and ran it, noticed that I had water coming out of the the exaust (attached picture) not sure if that is the correct place.

Took off the rubber hose and cleaned it up, had a lot of corrision/crap under the rubber hose. Going to reinstall and test it.

Question is should I put some silicone or something in there before I reinstall or should it be good to go as is? Also there wasn't alot of water coming out when hooked up to the muffs. Would this be due the the low RPMs? Would more water come out during normal cruising speeds?

thanks

AaronExaust.jpg

88 Doral

Cadet
Re: Water Leak

Hello all,

Purchased an 88 Doral Spriit this spring. Afte changing the starter and the lower shift cable I had it in the water for the first time this weekend, WHAT A BLAST!!

Anyway, once it was back on the trailer we noticed that I had quite a bit of water in the hull.

I hooked up the muffs and ran it, noticed that I had water coming out of the the exaust (attached picture) not sure if that is the correct place.

Took off the rubber hose and cleaned it up, had a lot of corrision/crap under the rubber hose. Going to reinstall and test it.

Question is should I put some silicone or something in there before I reinstall or should it be good to go as is? Also there wasn't alot of water coming out when hooked up to the muffs. Would this be due the the low RPMs? Would more water come out during normal cruising speeds?

thanks

AaronView attachment 153451

Can't edit original post. Should be correct part name not correct place.

cr2k

Captain

Just make sure the hose and other surfaces are clean. I have seen the flapper pin fall in to the pipe that goes to the transom and wear a hole in it. Hope this isn't your problem. I use silicone spray to make the hose slide on better but nothing else is needed. Just get the bands tight. You might hit the band screws with a shot of wd-40 or tri-flow to make them tighten eaiser.

88 Doral

Cadet

Flapper pin is still in there. How much pressure would that hose be under? If it wasn't sealed good, would it be possible for a large amount of water to leak from it.