Old Boat Specs

Supritts

Recruit
I bought an old boat, and I am having trouble finding any specs or information regarding the thing. The title says that it is a 1968 Renken, model 1700. It is fiberglass, and the title says that it is 16'8" lomg. Does anybody know where I can get any information regarding this boat? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Old Boat Specs

Welcome aboard.

ANY 1968 boat will more then likely be a project boat based on the age.............

Which specifications are you looking for? There is probably a USCG label for HP/Max capacity in the boat.

chadc880

Cadet

Did you ever find any info on your Renken

I just bought a 68 also and cannot find anything

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Chad - this is an old thread and you should heed the red banner that appeared. The best way to get help is to start your own thread. And follow the forum rules, please.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You must be using a mobile device but at the bottom of the page when you encounter an "old thread" there will be a tiny red line which is a warning (if you expand it to see)

This is actually a sticky thread about Boat Specifications with some links http://forums.iboats.com/engine-fre...cations-weight-hp-etc-583161.html#post4016587

Please be cognizant of the infamous red bar in the future. ;)

chadc880

Cadet

Last night yes I was on a mobile device searching google and it pulled this thread up. No warning signs or banners. Today on my home computer I do not see any warners with the exception of a red OP by the original posters name.

GA_Boater I did not see any need of starting my own thread to reply to someone looking for the exact same information I was looking for who owns the same identical boat as I do.

With the exception of this Red Banner that was not seen and or still not visible.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Last night yes I was on a mobile device searching google and it pulled this thread up. No warning signs or banners. Today on my home computer I do not see any warners with the exception of a red OP by the original posters name.

GA_Boater I did not see any need of starting my own thread to reply to someone looking for the exact same information I was looking for who owns the same identical boat as I do.

With the exception of this Red Banner that was not seen and or still not visible.

Since you replied to this thread, it is no longer over 3 months old. That is why you don't see the red banner anymore.

If you also notice, the original poster never answered any questions asked of him, nor did he ever post again. Happens a lot on forums, some one come to the forums, and never comes back.
Which is why you should start a new thread of your own, instead of you question hid in the middle of someone elses thread and no longer seen.