dawn dish soap in the barrel??

foodfisher

Captain
Re: dawn dish soap in the barrel??

lol Just imagining the foam sea monster taking over the yard.

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

It will emulsify the oil. Encapsulate it. Oil is still there you just can't see it. It IS a good idea.

busted-bayliner

Petty Officer 1st Class

let me clarify can i run the motor in the barrel with the dish soap in the water? sorry for the questions just dont wanna mess any thing up

busted-bayliner

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a out board motor that seems to have unspent oil just want to clean it up some

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

i have a out board motor that seems to have unspent oil just want to clean it up some

Not quite sure what you are trying to clean...? Unspent oil in the exhaust/prop hub? Don't worry about it, its not an issue. If you have oil/grease under the outboard hood, this won't help. Also, this won't clean the combustion chambers, you need seafoam for that.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

just want to clean the exhaust/prop hub up some

Personally it were bothering me, I would just spray it down with some Simple Green, let it soak then hose it off. Unfortunately I bet it will be looking like you never even touched it after a run or two.

UncleWillie

Captain

Keep in mind that the fuel has about three ounces of oil in each gallon.
Clean it up spotless; Go out and burn a gallon of fuel and you will have the remains of another three ounces coating the exhaust all over again.
Only makes sense if you are about to sell it or store it.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Two strokes are SUPPOSED to have oil residue on the exhaust! If they quit smoking, you start looking for a new engine.

busted-bayliner

Petty Officer 1st Class

i am sellin said motor was just tryin to clean it up for the trip and delivery of said motor thanks for the input guys