Rear deck cushions

mustang938

Recruit
I have a 2001 bayliner capri 184 fish n ski boat. anyone know where i can find rear deck cushions or covers for cushions. any help would be appreciated. thanks ken

chrisvr6

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rear deck cushions

There was a guy on here that got a free couch off of craigslist and cut the cushions in half to make them thinner with an electric carving knife. Awesome idea.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I think you're gunna have to make em yourself or check Craigslist or Ebay. Making em yourselft is not too bad of a task. Check the link in my signature. I'm the guy with the Donor Couch and the Carving Knife.;)

chrisvr6

Seaman Apprentice

Hey woodonglass, how would you join the pieces of foam on the sunpad so that the joints aren't visible through the vinyl? Add batting over it before the vinyl?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yep you could do that, and then cover it all with plastic to cut down on abrasion for the backing on the vinyl. You can also cut the joints at 45 degree angles and glue them them round the corners with the carving knife. With 30 oz vinyl you don't see to much "Bleed" throuh especially if you cover it all with plastic.