anchor pin turning when tightening

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I have been dealing with this for years and waisting time doing so.When tightening the nuts on the anchor pins ,how the heck do you get it to stop turning as soon as the nut begins to get a little tight???? tightening a little at a time seems to make it a little easier,but it always winds up turning before it is tight enough.And takeing them off is even more frustrating.So who has a tip or secret on how to make it easier??

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: anchor pin turning when tightening

What are "anchor pins"?.... JK

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Anchor pins are the heavy ss bolts that hold your lift cylinders on fore and aft

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I just put a wrench on both sides (nuts on each end of pins) then tighten them up till they both quit turning. When removing them, when one nut comes off (which ever one) then I remove the pin and remaining nut as a assembly.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Oh them....I do what Reel Pooor does....You could knock the sticky one out with a mallet enough to grab it with a vice grips....JK

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

While both cylinders are still on, I usually just lean on the drive. The extra weight usually will hold the pin while you loosten the nuts.