Eagle Fish/Depth finder.... Are they any good?

TampaNate77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Saw a Eagle Strata 128 Fishfinder on Ebay.... and just wondering if anyone could tell me if this unit is any good?

redlinj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Eagle Fish/Depth finder.... Are they any good?

From what I've been able to find on Eagle, they are made by Lowrance, just a less expensive version.

chriscraft254

Commander

They are good for the biggener that has no need for a better fish finder. Depends alot on what your lookng for, areas you fish , how much you fish etc. They are made by Lowrance. Unfortunately, this is one area, that you get what you pay for. If you have enough funds I would look into the Hds series. You will be happy with them if you decide to spend the money. Basically the more expensive units will have better transducers, graphics and optoins. Good luck.

TampaNate77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just pretty much want it for Depth.... Not really needing it too much for Fishing... But thanks for all the info!!

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

Eagle is the budget version of the Lowrance/Simrad line. They're o.k. if you keep that in mind. I'd probably opt for a Humminbird instead of an Eagle but I do like the Lowrance HD's over the Humminbird's and Garmin's for recreational boating on smaller water ways. Just a personal preference because I know how to run them better. I suppose if I would have bought a H-bird or a Garmin when I first started using them I'd be telling you a different story.