1984 Johnson 60 misfire

leftseat150

Cadet
The bottom cylinder on my motor intermittently drops out. I've rebuilt the carbs, ( soaked for 2 days ), rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced all fuel lines, and replaced the plugs and wires. I checked the stator and pickup as per instructions on the CDI website. I just swapped the coils top to bottom and now it appears to be running fine, the reason for which I have no explanation. I would think if I had a bad coil I would now have a miss in the top cylinder. Just before I swapped the coils, I confirmed that the bottom cylinder was dead by removing the top plug wire and the engine died. I have wiggled all wires and inspected all connections, cleaned and secured all ground wires. I'm performing all these tests on the muffs in my driveway. I just swapped it back to it's original configuration and it ran on one cylinder. So what do you guys think? Power Pack? Coil? or both?? Thanks, John

leftseat150

Cadet
Re: 1984 Johnson 60 misfire

I put 2 new coils on today and she runs good on the muffs. Going to the river friday to adjust the idle speed and hopefully catch some fish!!