88 SeaRay 21' trying to find a gunwale

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need a replacement starboard side gunwale and how to install it. It looks like it is attached to wood but cannot tell. I crashed my jetski into it. Long story but thank god there was minimal damage to both! My port side on the jet ski had gunwale damage and I just ordered parts for it. The gunwale on the boat looks massive though. My thoughts were if I could not find a replacement I would cut it off where the metal bent, rebend it, and reinstall using short wood screws. Thanks for any assistance/ideas.

Struc

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 88 SeaRay 21' trying to find a gunwale

Could you give us some pictures of what you're looking for?

I may have what you need if what you're talking about is the rub rail that goes around the boat.

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Could you give us some pictures of what you're looking for?

I may have what you need if what you're talking about is the rub rail that goes around the boat.

I will take pictures when I can but that definately sounds right. Unless I am confusing it with something else I thought it was referred to as gunwale though. It has a center rubber piece surrounded by metal.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

the gunwale is the side of the boat, the rubrail is the aluminum trim with the plastic or rubber strip in it.

LVNeptune

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Interesting. The same thing on the jetski is called the "side gunwale"