115 evinrude low RPM issue

kjcowboy

Recruit
ok heres the model VE115TLETS
Earlier this week it was working fine, took it out yesterday and could not get above 3000 RPM at wide open throttle (WoT)
after a bit it started to gain power and rpms got up to 5000. slowed back down and tried to "repeat" what happened, same thing.
talked to the guy i got it from said he hadnt ever had issues like what i described( we all know how that goes) but suggested i changed the spark plugs, so i did, got cables on correct(assuming they are i labled before i removed) fired up with the muffs on and took it down to the water to see if it changed anything.
Nope, same thing, WoT 3-3500 rpm, and no power gain, was out there for a hour at WoT or just under and nothing changeed.
Suggestions?

mrcj001

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 115 evinrude low RPM issue

Before you throw parts at it....check the compression of the engine and see if all cyl.have near equal numbers, if they do, more than likly fouled carbs.

kjcowboy

Recruit
Re: 115 evinrude low RPM issue

Before you throw parts at it....check the compression of the engine and see if all cyl.have near equal numbers, if they do, more than likly fouled carbs.

Oh forgot to add that today when i took her out went to prime the bulb and it didnt get firm, still was kinda squishy, hoping its a related problem not a seperate one...with the carbs is that something i can clean and re install, or going to have to fork over for new ones providing the compresion is the same?