Invasive Species Thread, Have things gotten better?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
So we have had threads about this subject for as long as I have been on iboats and it got me thinking about how things have progressed? I'm not talking about Californians or Canadians I'm talking specifically about Zebra and Quagga mussels. Here in Colorado every boat on State park lakes is inspected, outdrive, hull inside and outside, livewells and anchors and rode are all inspected, this year they have decided that any boat brought in dry is good to go which is a big improvement since I typically go to Pueblo Res which has these invasive species but sometimes go to Chatfield res which does not, I trailer my boat and am pretty meticulous about washing my boat down after boating, and drying it out completely the day after.

I don't have a problem with the DNR doing what it feels is necessary to slow down or stop these mussels from invading, what I am wondering is if these inspections are getting better or worse for those who need to be inspected? Too me they are certainly better then before, more knowledgeable inspectors doing a good job and doing it quickly in order to get me on the water as quick as possible. Pueblo Res Inspectors are great and I have to hand it to them! Chatfield on the other hand, are better but far and away not as proficient as Pueblo Inspectors.