4.3 Bayliner 2352 Alarm buzzer

budmuddy

Cadet
I have a 2000 Bayliner 2052 with 4.3 and want to know if there is a high RPM alarm. I bought the boat used and while running the boat close to full throttle an alarm starts to buzz. I have to back off the throttle a bit and it stops. Would like to know how you know what sensor is making the alarm buzz?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 4.3 Bayliner 2352 Alarm buzzer

I have a 2000 Bayliner 2352 with 4.3 and want to know if there is a high RPM alarm. I bought the boat used and while running the boat close to full throttle an alarm starts to buzz. I have to back off the throttle a bit and it stops. Would like to know how you know what sensor is making the alarm buzz?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I'm pretty sure that for that vintage to alarm sounds for,...
High heat,...
Low oil pressure,...
'n, Low drive oil...

budmuddy

Cadet

Temp is fine on gauge around 170
oil pressure idle 40 and a little higher when running at speed
oil level is full in reservoir for the outdrive

What do you do to fix replace one sensor at a time and hope you find it before you get to number three?

Sounds like a real smart engineer thought this one up let's hook three sensors to the same alarm and let the owner worry about what the problem is, lol.

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You don't list which 4.3 model you have (carb/mpi) but 190 seems high as my 2005 4.3mpi never gets past 175 or so even running at full speed.
Carb models should be running even cooler.

Maybe post up the serial number and more specs on the engine.

Mark

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

First, fix your overheating problem. You should never see temps over 180 on a raw water cooled engine.

The alarm switches are not the gauge senders. Depending on which temp switch you have, it could set the alarm off at 190?

What do you do to fix replace one sensor at a time and hope you find it before you get to number three?

No, you don't replace them till you find the right one, you disconnect it and see if the alarm stops going off.

budmuddy

Cadet

Correction
the temp runs steady at 170
Boat model is a 2052WA
engine is 4.3 carb model OL863516

My thoughts are that backing the throttle off to make the alarm stop would not be a temperature sensor issue.
Once the engine is up to temp if that where the sensor why would backing the throttle down stop the alarm?
I think I am going to look at the outdrive sensor first, where is it located?
Is it on the reservoir and can you just unplug it to test?

thanks for your thoughts so far