Question on Floor

Ciscovet

Seaman
Hey guys,

This might be a stupid question but i will ask anyway. I have a 2001 180BR that needs new carpeting. There is a piece of carpet between the end of the ski locker and engine cover that is pulled up. The floor underneath looks to be fiberglass. I was always under the impression that there was wood underneath the carpet or is it wood with glass over it? If that is the case is my boat less prone to rotting from rain run off? I don't suspect nor do I have any soft spots. I made sure to check before I bought the boat. Is replacing the carpet as simple as removing the old one and gluing new carpet?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question on Floor

I am going to move this to the Restore section. You'll get more action there. Good luck!!

93bayliner1800

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Question on Floor

Not sure about you 2001, but every Bayliner I have seen up to 99 has a 1/2 inch wood deck covered with glass. I would assume putting down new carpet would be as easy as you described. I am curious to if you have to remove old glue or just go over top with new glue. I am thinking of re-carpeting the sides of my hull where some old glue still exists. Someone should chime in soon about this question. Who has the answer.