Realigning shift rod to upper linkage

SnowDaddy

Recruit
Hello all,

I have rebuilt water pump, on a 91 Evinrude 100hp and now cannot seem to realign the shift rod to the top end linkage, any tips or procedure to follow to accomplish this would be most welcome.

Archives provided a previous post on this topic, however a link that Admiral Joe provided is no longer active.

Dying to get this boat in the water...

Thanks,

SD

hl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Realigning shift rod to upper linkage

Hello all,

I have rebuilt water pump, on a 91 Evinrude 100hp and now cannot seem to realign the shift rod to the top end linkage, any tips or procedure to follow to accomplish this would be most welcome.

Archives provided a previous post on this topic, however a link that Admiral Joe provided is no longer active.

Dying to get this boat in the water...

Thanks,

SD

Everyone has a different idea but I found the best way is to put the shifter in reverse. Then put the lower unit in reverse by turning the gear linkage at the front of the foot. After alining the drive shaft put the fromt bolt on just enough to hold the foot in place. Using the shift linkage coming down from the motor aline with the lower unit. Watch to be sure they stay alined as you tighten the front bolt. Then tighten side bolt with the front bolt enough to check if the shifter works properly

Last edited: