90hp Suzuki Cutting off

32RACER

Recruit
I have a Suzuki 90hp 4stroke that will run fine but for no reason cut off. You pump the fuel bulb and it will start right back. If you pump the fuel bulb it will not even cut off. Sometimes it will run 20 miles and cut off and other times it will not run 1 mile before it cuts off. I can tell you the things that I know are not causing the problem because I have all ready changed them. I have removed the fuel tank and emptied all the gas. Pulled the fuel pickup all the way out of the tank and checked for cracks or trash. All new fuel line from tank to the new fuel filter on the motor. New fuel line bulb. No leaks anywhere. I do not know what else to check or change any ideas? Thanks!!!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 90hp Suzuki Cutting off

Monitor fuel pressures to make sure they stay in spec.

"If you pump the fuel bulb it will not even cut off" tells me you have a fuel problem

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 90hp Suzuki Cutting off

Sounds a lot like a bad fuel pump....when you pump the bulb it overcomes the bad pump and the motor runs...The bulb is just a hand operated fuel pump used to prime the system so your motor's regular pump can do the job. Good Luck!