2007 Stingray Trim Pump

revincamaro

Recruit
I have a 2007 Stingray 22' with a 5.0 Volvo Penta I/O. While working on the throttle unit, the trim ran to the full down position and stopped. Now the trim button on the throttle does not activate the trim pump, nor does the trim switch on the stern. Two questions: I was told there is a heavy fuse between the starter solenoid and the trim pump that may have blown or that a 10 amp fuse may be blown. I cannot locate either fuse so I would appreciate if someone could tell me where to look.
2nd question: I need to move the boat but can't due to the outdrive being in the full down position. Is there a way I can bypass the switches with a jumper from the battery? If so, how, as the trim pump on this model is on the outside of the transom on the outdrive mount.
Thank you for any help.

barthel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2007 Stingray Trim Pump

Not sure about bypassing anything but when i had a Stingray the fuse for the trim pump was actually ON the pump. There was a small covered fuse holder on the left hand front of the pump. Take the cover off, the fuse was underneath.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Disconnect the trim cylinders from the back of the drive and raise it by hand and tie it up with rope.

PS, what's your engines full model number and what drive do you have? With an SX-A or DPS-A drive, you will not have any fuses on the pump. The pump is built into the transom shield.

revincamaro

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. The motor is V5.0 MPI 270 SX and the drive is SX-A. If there is no fuse, what might cause it to suddenly stop working with no sound at all?