1984 Mercury 200HP V6 Outboard - Two Issues

wcsd106

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,

First off, let me explain the situation. I took the boat to the lake a few weeks ago for the first time since last summer. I had, however, started it on the earmuffs and everything was running correctly. When I got to the lake, I made a few runs to a few different fishing spots and it ran great.

When it was time to get off the lake and go home, I went to get up on plane and found that the boat wouldn't get up over 4000rpm at WOT. I limped back to the boat ramp and got it up on the trailer and went home. The next evening, I pulled the cowling and looked inside the carbs with the butterflies open. I could see something in the back of the bottom carb, but it was just out of reach, so I pulled the bottom carb and used a pair of forceps to remove it. I have attached the picture of what I found to this post. It appears to be a small twig. Any ideas on what this is, exactly, and how in the world it would have gotten into my carburetor?

470156_3229275816463_2085254068_o.jpg

I decided to go ahead and clean and rebuild the carburetors since it's been many years since they've been rebuilt. This leads me to issue #2.

--> When I was disassembling the carb to get it ready to put into the carb cleaner, I had a brain fart and tried to remove the small hose nipple that runs from the push-to-choke valve to the bottom of the carburetor float bowl. I tried to turn it with a crescent wrench and sheered it straight off nice and flush.

Does anyone have a replacement carb bowl for a WH-28-1 Carburetor with this nipple on it they would be willing to sell?? And/or could I drill this out and run a tap through to put a new inlet in? I'm kinda at a loss on what to do with this one.

Last edited: