Iboats bought by GM?

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Today I went to my favorites and hit "iboats" only to be directed 100% to some GM website, I did it again just to make sure I didn't screw up. Sure enough it took me 4 tries to actually get to the website. Is this some kind of test or are things changing to include more of this? Is there a way to just visit this website w/o being redirected to something I have 0 interest in? I love the site and understand advertising, but today's joke was just too much work.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Iboats bought by GM?

iboats wasn't bought by GM, iboats BOUGHT GM! And as a member they have agreed to give you a share of the company. Now, doesn't that make you feel better being redirected to their sight?;) BTW, the number of shares you receive is determined by your rank. I always knew that post padding would come in handy some day! :p

Philster

Captain

Did you bookmark a Chevy Silverado iboats pop-up ad or something? Humor me: Go to your bookmarks and copy and paste the link here.

Thalasso

Commander

Today I went to my favorites and hit "iboats" only to be directed 100% to some GM website, I did it again just to make sure I didn't screw up. Sure enough it took me 4 tries to actually get to the website. Is this some kind of test or are things changing to include more of this? Is there a way to just visit this website w/o being redirected to something I have 0 interest in? I love the site and understand advertising, but today's joke was just too much work.

I wish the popups where reduced.

puddle jumper

Captain

I guess us Ford guys are going to have to find a new home.:facepalm:

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just turn on your popup blocker and allow pop-ups only on sites where you need them.

Summer Fun

Banned

Why don't you cry babies :facepalm: get Firefox with adblocker and be DONE with your crying about unwanted ad's. :)

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

IE 9 has it built in and it works on the GM adds if you set it to high. When you set it you can also set which sites you want to allow pop-ups on.

sam60

Captain

Why don't you cry babies :facepalm: get Firefox with adblocker and be DONE with your crying about unwanted ad's. :)

People use something other than Firefox? What's it called?

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hmmmmm. Shares of GM. Hmmmmm, can I pull my boat with a Corvette?

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Did you bookmark a Chevy Silverado iboats pop-up ad or something? Humor me: Go to your bookmarks and copy and paste the link here.

Here is what I use, and it seemed to work just fine today, only getting one small pop up, with Iboats right behind it. http://www.iboats.com/

Maybe yesterday was a fluke, some funny replies back on this thread.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i own 3 fords.:facepalm: and a dreaded force too:facepalm: but they run good. even the force.

i have no problem with EX 9 and a blocker. no pop ups here.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Heck, I'm still on XP and didn't have any problems. I can't believe they're up to IE 9. I'm just a few operating systems behind...:facepalm: Technology changes way to fast for the wallet to keep up.......

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

MRnh7.jpeg

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Ok, I misspoke. We're on IE 8, but still use Windows XP as our operating system. What's the latest and greatest op system that Windows offers now? Last I heard was Windows 7.

Philster

Captain

IE to surf the web? GOOD GOD, MAN! I mean, aren't people using IE when they absolutely, positively must use it because it's compatible with some goofy work-related website?

Google Chrome user here.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

My wife uses Chrome.... looks like I would have to rebookmark everything. Isn't grabbing much from my IE favorites. Still curious on what the latest Op system is.......

Philster

Captain

Chrome
Select: Customize and control settings
>Bookmarks
>>Import bookmarks and settings