Sport jet 175 stalling mid throttle

kholz

Recruit
Hello,
I have an issue with my sport jet 175. I was out with the family on the lake all day, and the boat ran fine. On our way back, I was crusing at 30 mph, about 3500-4000 rpm for a few miles. When I reached the cove we launch from I slowed down and the boat stalled. After that, the boat would start perfect and idel perfect. It will also run at wide open throttle normally. It will stall out anywhere between idle, and WOT. Any ideas? I had 1/2-3/4 tank of fuel, and the 2 stroke was nearly full. I checked for any cracked lines, and anything obvious in the engine compartment, but there is nothing obvious wrong. The engine has 3 Carbs, oil injection and new plugs. Thanks!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sport jet 175 stalling mid throttle

Moving to outboard forum. It's an outboard motor, just stuck inside the boat.

big "D"

Recruit
Re: Sport jet 175 stalling mid throttle

Hello,
I have an issue with my sport jet 175. I was out with the family on the lake all day, and the boat ran fine. On our way back, I was crusing at 30 mph, about 3500-4000 rpm for a few miles. When I reached the cove we launch from I slowed down and the boat stalled. After that, the boat would start perfect and idel perfect. It will also run at wide open throttle normally. It will stall out anywhere between idle, and WOT. Any ideas? I had 1/2-3/4 tank of fuel, and the 2 stroke was nearly full. I checked for any cracked lines, and anything obvious in the engine compartment, but there is nothing obvious wrong. The engine has 3 Carbs, oil injection and new plugs. Thanks!

I am having the same issue with my 1997 Sugar Sand. Have you figured out the issue yet? Possibly a bad stator? I have been researching this issue and have heard that there are two "coils" on a stator, a high speed and a low speed? HELP!!