any way to ditch the 3.0l carb for something new???

89sandman

Seaman
just bought boat, 85 140 hp 3.0l, first time out carb was constantly dieing at idle, hard or impossible to start when warm. adjusted air/fuel, choke working properly, fuel pressure correct. complete tune up and new fuel and filter. tore down today and was very clean inside , needle, seat, float, accel pump all looked new. like the thing had just been redone. float level was correct. bad flat spot when ever you accelerated hard. would run fine once it got up to speed. don't want to waste my time rebuilding a probably already rebuilt 27 year old carb. is there anyway to ditch this thing for something more modern that can be bought new? noticed holley makes a brand new 2 barrel for marine applications and was wondering if theres anyway to adapt it or anything else i can purchase new? a 27 year old carb that can't be replaced with new is just not a good way to go. hoping someone can steer me in the way of something new and reliable... rebuilding this old timer just doesn't appeal to me at all.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: any way to ditch the 3.0l carb for something new???

Merc number for a brand new carbie is 3310-860070A2... He's not cheap, but he is new... :D